Re: [ARSCLIST] Yet another great box set from Mosaic

Having worked most of my years as a motion picture
editor, I can think of two ways Bostic could have
overdubbed in 1952.   Film sound dubbing/mixing stages
were already taking separate tracks, editing them to
fit on the bench, synching them up and finishing with
a final mono mix all the time, and maybe there was
someone who thought of that as being a way to let
Bostic overdub.   The more obvious way would have been
to play back the master track, and let him record his
overdub to a mix of his live sound and the prerecorded
track to a final track.

Rod Stephens