Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital Audio Preservation Question

At 06:14 PM 2008-04-15, Tom Fine wrote:
Did anyone out there heavily invest in the DCC format? I think that was better named DOA and it was only in-market a couple of years.

Here is what I have observed:

(a) the format was more popular in Europe than in North America
(b) Radio Shack blew out a bunch of DCC recorders and tapes
      I advised people to run and flee and don't even consider it
(c) Someone in North America must have bought those blowouts
(d) Some portion of that group might have recorded something
      important in that format
(e) I purchased a machine and a pre-recorded tape to test the machine
(f)  I've never been asked to transfer a DCC tape despite having
     the capability.

Cheers,

Richard