Re: [ARSCLIST] Spike Jones discography info please ...

July 25/47 for Pop Corn Sack and Our Hour (my MOST UNFAVORITE Spike Jones record of all, except for most of the drippy dreck he did in the 50s) according to Ted Hering's discographical information in the Jack Mirtle book. Hollywood RCA studios for both (you can't assume anything..some Spike sides have turned out to be recorded in Chicago, and the infamous "Ghost Riders" was recorded in Hollywood and edited and reassembled in New York).

dl

Cary Ginell wrote:
Encyclopedic Discography of Victor Records, which I am helping edit.

Cary Ginell

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 4:08 pm Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Spike Jones discography info please ...

Hi Cary:? ? THANKS!? ? Now, what is "the EDVR"?? ? By the way, the recording technique on 20-2375 is modern by standards of post-WWII/pre-LP era. There is clearly electronic dynamics compression and clearly use of multiple mics and mixing engineer, more akin to 1950's pop and jazz recordings than earlier 78's. I believe RCA's pre-cursor to the famous BA-6 compressor came out around that time.? ? -- Tom Fine? ? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cary Ginell" <SoundThink@xxxxxxx>? To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>? Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 6:52 PM? Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Spike Jones discography info please ...? ?
?
In a message dated 4/3/2008 5:44:38 P.M. Central Daylight Time,?