Re: [ARSCLIST] Spike Jones discography info please ...

Encyclopedic Discography of Victor Records, which I am helping edit.

Cary Ginell

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 4:08 pm
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Spike Jones discography info please ...

Hi Cary:?
?
THANKS!?
?
Now, what is "the EDVR"??
?
By the way, the recording technique on 20-2375 is modern by standards of post-WWII/pre-LP era. There is clearly electronic dynamics compression and clearly use of multiple mics and mixing engineer, more akin to 1950's pop and jazz recordings than earlier 78's. I believe RCA's pre-cursor to the famous BA-6 compressor came out around that time.?
?
-- Tom Fine?
?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cary Ginell" <SoundThink@xxxxxxx>?