tommy.sjoberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:02:15 -0400 From: "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Fwd: Sticky AGFA PEM 469

This is being posted with the original poster's consent.

Please reply to the list and copy mailto:greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,
I posted this on the Studer list as well, but figure the more the
better.
I need to transfer several reels of sticky AGFA PEM 469 1" tape that
after baking still leaves a ton of shed on the heads when I
playback.  I baked at 130 deg Fahrenheit, for 8 hours.  Reading
around,  I saw that there is a chance this can not be baked away, and
that baking might actually be bad for the tape?!?  Could it be that I
didn't bake long enough?
Do any of you know how I can make these reels playable without
destroying them?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Greg Norman
Electrical Audio Recording
773.539.2555
www.electrical.com

Thanks!

Richard

Richard L. Hess email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Aurora, Ontario, Canada (905) 713 6733 1-877-TAPE-FIX Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm Quality tape transfers -- even from hard-to-play tapes.