Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: Sticky AGFA PEM 469

I have some reels of PEM 468 1/2". It does not appear to be sticky or otherwise problematic. Is this tape doomed too?

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: Sticky AGFA PEM 469

At 10:07 PM 2008-03-31, Bob Olhsson wrote:
I think they recommended microwaving!

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com    http://thewombforums.com

Hi, Bob,

Well, I've heard this, too. Problem is it has lots of signs of being an urban legend. While people have said they've heard of this, no one that I've heard of has come forwards and actually said they did it and provide the recipe. If this is the technique, I would encourage someone to point us to a reference. I would also like to hear HOW it works--at least some plausible theory (which may not be true, but at least an attempt at explaining the chemistry/physics of the process).

Cheers,

Richard