Re: [ARSCLIST] LP sized scanner

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> For what it's worth, I made some of the nicest color document scans I've
> ever done on my slow old 1997-vintage Microtek SCSI model. It's in the close
because I couldn't bear
> to part with it. It's got a great TWAIN interface for Windows, but it might be
so old that it has
> hidden problems with XP.

Given the low prices of used and (supposedly) obsolete computers these
days, it might be worth the $20-50 to buy one and install Win9x! You
could (presumably) save the scanned images in some standard format,
which you could then copy to your state-of-the-art brand-new machine
at your leisure!

I'm still using an ancient 80286 machine which cost me $5 at a yard
sale a decade or so ago...it came with dBASE III+, in which I save
a single database...that's all it does, but it does it quite well...!