[ARSCLIST] LP sized scanner

Are there any non-ridicu-priced options for a flatbed scanner that can accomodate LP covers (at least 12x12 glass)?

How about using a copy-stand that was once used for a video camera and slow-scan TV? That copy stand has gooseneck type "arms" with floodlight bulbs in them. Would that be what I need or something else? Would this work with a Nikon D70 digi-SLR?

Has anyone done LP covers in mass quantities before? Is there some efficient and cost-effective way I'm not considering?

-- Tom Fine