To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] David Bonner

Does Bonner's book have any details on the Mercury Storyteller series? I am pretty sure they were made in Chicago but don't know any details on the actors, producer(s), etc? Also whether it was a 3rd party endeavor that Mercury released or whether it was Mercury-generated project. Also where it was recorded, when, etc?? Those Storyteller records were a major part of the soundtrack of my childhood. Also Golden Books' records (many produced and/or conceived by Mitch Miller). And some series of "science music" records -- a song from which was later covered by of all people They Must Be Giants. And of course the Riverside Records series "A Child's Introduction To ..."

This guy has a large collection of kiddie records in mostly low-resolution MP3:
http://www.artsreformation.com/records/

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>