[ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Kurtz date

  Kurtz/NYPSO recording date for Villa-Lobos: Uirapiru

  Recorded October 4, 1949. Issued on Columbia ML 4255 in January, 1950. No
other releases cited.

  This comes from an NYPSO discography, apparenty in-house, that was sent to
a late friend by someone at the Philharmonic around 1967.

  James H. North did a Philharmonic discography (of the commercially-released
recordings only) published last year by The Scarecrow Press. I can't now find
it.

  Don Tait

**************
Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL
Living.

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)
Nope, it's the Columbia LP. It had to be recorded in 4 parts (as if for 78 issue) because of audible "side breaks" and one helluva pitch drop at the 12 minute mark. (Only other recording I know of was on Everest..Goossens?)

Much obliged!

dl

Steven Smolian wrote:
My date for the recording is Oct 4, 1949, from my old Philharmonic research.

If it's a broadcast, it's Stokowski.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>