Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Kurtz date

I own a bunch of Kurtz records on Columbia,and Angel,from the late 40s/early 50s,but I am unaware of  any recordings of his of Villa-Lobos,did he record any ?

                                     Roger

Don Tait <Dontaitchicago@xxxxxxx> wrote: David,

  The Everest recording of Villa-Lobos's Uirapuru was conducted by Leopold
Stokowski with the"Stadium SO" (the NYPSO in disguise). Goossens did the
Australian stuff for them.

  All the best,

  Don Tait

Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL
Living.

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)
Nope, it's the Columbia LP. It had to be recorded in 4 parts (as if for 78
issue) because of audible "side breaks" and one helluva pitch drop at the 12
minute mark. (Only other recording I know of was on Everest..Goossens?)

Much obliged!

dl