Re: [ARSCLIST] supermarket mysteries

There are score/100s of budget classical Lp,from 50s and 60s,we will ever know the real story behind.This has been discussed here at length in the past.There are a number of labels I would like to know more about,like the  "Synthetic Plastics" labels of Parade,Promenade,and Diplomat,Family Records,and Acorn,Also there is so little known about Eli Oberstein's later labels,like Rondo(lette),and the sources of these recordings.I am aware ReDiscoveries has put a lot of these out,in some incredible restorations,but how detailed are the liner notes of these CDs,in explaining the soources of the original recordings,and identities of the performers ?

                                          Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: I noticed the packaging seemed almost identical, which was why I thought I
actually had a complete Webster set till I looked more closely at it. Similar
design, similar cards between the records, similar pockets with flaps, similar
artwork. But the Standard Library discs are cut and pressed by RCA. I know
we've discussed this before, along with the comparisons between the
Philharmonic and Funk 'n' Wagnalls supermarket LPs, but is there any one source
for the Standards or any way to trace their lineage?

dl