Re: [ARSCLIST] "slippery" audio cassette

I've run across this problem a few times. I think it is due to a  combination
of sticky-shed and/or excessive pressure pad force in the cassette.
Sometimes compressing the pressure pad or slightly bending the spring helps.  However
I've seen tape that adheres to a tape head as if it was coated with  super
glue even though it does not appear sticky, even with reel-to-reel tapes.
Extreme lubrication (wet playing: alcohol or silicone on a q-tip) may help  however
in the extreme cases I remember I think I just discarded the  cassette.

Mike Csontos

In a message dated 1/25/2008 5:46:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,