[ARSCLIST] Fascinating DVD on the musician with the longest recording career

I posted this on 78-L but thought folks here would find it useful  too!

Steve

I watched a fascinating documentary DVD last night that’ll be of great
interest to others on 78-L. Though I’ll be covering it in more detail in my  column
for “In The Groove”, I wanted to alert all about it’s existence and  provide
the link to the “official web site”.
We often discuss “who had the longest recording career” and sometimes  it’s
a pop singer or maybe a classical musician. Well, per the Guinness Book of
World Records, it’s a little known musician who played on country, jazz, AND
classical recordings. And he did it from 1926 to 2004 (!). His name was Kaspar  “
Stranger” Malone and he was new to me. He played on clarinet, flute, guitar,
bass, piano and more! And he played on recordings with Gid Tanner, Jack
Teagarden, San Francisco Symphony and Lawrence Welk!
The 29 minute film – “who’s That Stranger” - is on a DVD along with  nearly
an hour of interviews and a narrated slide show. The DVD is a project of
Producer George King,
Here is link to the Website:  _http://www.georgeking-assoc.com/stranger.html_
(http://www.georgeking-assoc.com/stranger.html)
You can also see the trailer at this URL:
_http://www.filmbaby.com/films/2003_ (http://www.filmbaby.com/films/2003)
I found this film fascinating because, after many  years collecting, I never
heard of  Malone
Steve  Ramm

48)