Re: [ARSCLIST] speaking of ye olde 78 needles ...

cactus needles are not just pointed, but also barbed along their length... This,
combined with [I suspect] a much higher silica content than normal woody
thorns makes me think they probably aren't the best choice of needle.. just a
thought.
 Aren't Yucca tips partly flat? I think my choice for a strong, rounded thorn
would be greenbrier. Again- no experience- though I think I played an LP with a
small cactus needle stuck in a styrofoam cup when I was little (blame Mr.
Wizard).