Re: [ARSCLIST] speaking of ye olde 78 needles ...

Oh, this was years ago. Syracuse and Corland NY stores. They were going to throw out all the 78's. I offered a nickel each and walked out with a large box from each place. Mostly worn out, so good fodder to play the Victrola once in a while.

----- Original Message ----- From: <Dnjchi@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] speaking of ye olde 78 needles ...

In a message dated 1/21/2008 5:34:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Does  anyone sell cactus needles anymore? Can those types be used in an
original  Victrola machine
(pre-RCA)? No, I don't play good condition 78's on this  thing, I have a
whole box of Salvation Army
5 cent disks to play on it,  but I'm wondering if a cactus needle is slightly
gentler? Does it sound
any better?

-- Tom Fine

Please direct me to the nearest Salvation Army that still charges 5 cents
for 78 disks.

Don Chichester