Re: [ARSCLIST] speaking of ye olde 78 needles ...

Dnjchi@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 1/21/2008 5:34:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Does anyone sell cactus needles anymore? Can those types be used in an original Victrola machine (pre-RCA)? No, I don't play good condition 78's on this thing, I have a whole box of Salvation Army 5 cent disks to play on it, but I'm wondering if a cactus needle is slightly gentler? Does it sound any better?

-- Tom Fine

Please direct me to the nearest Salvation Army that still charges 5 cents for 78 disks.
Don Chichester

Ha..I skimmed over that and thought Tom meant he had Salvation Army BAND discs to play on it. Hope he got change for his nickel.

dl