Re: [ARSCLIST] Pancake horror story

Myself and some fellow tape enthusiasts usually either double box tapes for shipment or use the gray, hard plastic reel containers inside of regular document shipping containers. I've gotten mangled outer boxes but never anything serious on the inner.
My question is, I've heard that X-rays are used to examine even domestic shipments now. And while the X-ray itself may not damage the recording, the huge transformers that power them will. We've taken to writing " Do not X-ray, magnetic tape enclosed " on the packages in the hopes that if they feel the need to examine the contents they will open it. I wonder if they actually read this warning or if there's any way to insure against "Data Damage"?