Re: [ARSCLIST] Article on processing a Woodie Guthrie wire recording

Hi Joel,

Thanks for posting, but I actually have an old radio broadcast of Woody
with some of his friends live in the studio, incl. Cisco Houston and
Sonny Terry.

It's interesting though that the release came from a wire recording, as
many of the Guthrie recordings at the Smithsonian Folkways are on glass
platters. I cleaned the glass, by hand, and then carefully transferred
the recordings to digital and analogue, when I was in Graduate School
serving an internship at Folkways.

Best,
Lance

Lance Watsky