Re: [ARSCLIST] How not to record- was mike- an orchestra

I loooves me some Keilberth,but I'm not big on opera.It just goes to show you how much people love their classical vinyl,if they are willing to shell out $600 to $800 for this set !

http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=29207

                                        Roger

Don Cox <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hello Mike

Culshaw was trying to produce something more like a film score than a
reproduction of what one would hear at Bayreuth.

Currently, the newly issued Keilberth performances, in 1950s stereo, are
being praised all over for having both better sound and performances than the
Solti-Culshaw version. (Which I must say I own and enjoy.)

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx