Re: [ARSCLIST] Youngest collector?!--was: Folkways Reissues

To answer the original poster's questions, my first love musically was, and still is classic country music (1920s-1970s)... and over the years I have branced out into collecting the folk music that Country Music evolved from, plus the numerous branches and offshoots thru the years... I have Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of Autism, and this is my passion and field of expertise... I have bunches of records, 8 tracks, cassettes, and CDs of this kind of music... it is in my blood...

  As for the Folkways Catalogue... It is owned by the Smithsonian, an entity funded by the American Federal Government... In a sense, American Nationals as a whole own this material by way of Smithsonian... Smithsonian should make a way for american citizens to access and download this material in 128 Kbps Mp3 form free of charge... The Global Sound service is no good because not every public library system has it... I agree with a poster in the original thread titled "Folkways Reissue" that the people who want high quality, direct-from-the-master-tape CDrs, should pay the money for them, but Smithsonian needs to have a free download program as well... after all, it is American Nationals' Tax Dollars That Help Keep The Smithsonian Going.