Re: [ARSCLIST] Youngest collector?!--was: Folkways Reissues

The first thing I crawled to was the phonograph. My folks gave me a close n' play when I was one and a half years old, and I sat for four hours without moving, listening to one record after another. It's been all downhill since then. Although I couldn't read, by 3 I knew exactly which songs were on which records (and on which side), even if the labels were identical except for the printing. I got my first non-kiddie 78s when I was 6. I've been collecting 78s seriously since I was 10. My musical tastes have changed somewhat, as I grew up on easy-listening music, and now my tastes tend toward classical, jazz of most types, doo-wop, and bluegrass. However, I still enjoy a good pop arrangement played by a competent orchestra.

Niether of my kids are record-collectors per-se, but they both love old-time-radio shows (stay away from the glass-based transcriptions, children!), and comedy or story records, and they each have a record player they use.

Tyrone
Online Discographical Project