[ARSCLIST] Grandma's Goin' To Town

Posting this for a friend - anyone know this song or revue?...

I'm trying to find the music to a song from the Federal Theatre vaudeville review, produced in Chicago and called "O Say Can You Sing." It opened December 11, 1936. The song is "Grandma's Goin to Town" and the lyrics are great. Would love to have the tune, and wonder if a sound or movie record exists (or sheet music for that matter). Obvious searches of mine didn't work.

Here's sample lyric: Grandma's joined the tribe/Who worship Great God--Jibe!/ When things seem to go wrong and she starts to fret/We tune in on Armstrong and his hot cornet./ She's no longer icy/ When Louie hits high 'C'--Grandma's goin' to town.'

Rich Remsberg Image Research
243 Union Street, #105
North Adams, MA 01247
413-664-4516