Re: [ARSCLIST] Pristine Audio and the Milllennials . . .

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Friedman" <hsf318@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Why would ANYONE want to play a 78rpm record on an old Victrola or any other
vintage phonograph - er, pardon me, gramophone, with a weight of 30 or more
grams on the stylus, scraping away what is probably the best recorded surface
that was ever on the record, when one has state-of-the-art turntables today that
need a mere 2-3 grams weight?

His point was (as I understood it) that he was playing depression-era
"hillbilly" records as a classroom activity...to exemplify his teaching...
and wanted to give his students a concept of what the records had sounded
like in the days when they were played by their original owners...!

Now, I wonder if he can find a person with an "antique" car, with
a vibrator-powered B+ supply, and tubes...since that was the way
that many people listened to a lot of music...?!