Re: [ARSCLIST] Anybody familiar with any of these publications?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Biel" <m.biel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > From: "Tim Brooks" <Tbroo@xxxxxxx>
>
> "Steven C. Barr(x)" wrote:
> > Another publication of which you may not be aware is "Discographer."
>
> I think Tim is probably aware of it.  He only listed publications that he
lacked
> start and/or end dates for.

Well, this is one publication I'd like to know more about! I bought it
at a record show, in a large loose-leaf binder; I think I have the
second through eighth issues...no idea where/how to find Vol. 1 No. 1
(or a copy thereof...) or whether there were any further issues...?!
It's a valuable resource...includes a Harmony-et al listing taken
directly from Columbia ledgers, and a number of other listings...

> > > The Gunn Report was actually an auction list (with a few articles added).
>
> I think this would probably take in many other publications including "Record
> Research."  This doesn't make the importance of the articles any less, just as
the
> inclusion of nude photos does not reduce the importance of articles in
"Playboy".

The comment was NOT intended to disparage the journal...simply to explain
why it might not be listed among "Discographic Periodicals!" Good ol'
"Record Research"...I'm still missing a number of the early issues, as
well as a lot of the later ones (Lennie fell over stone cold daid just
as I was planning to order my missing issues...?!).

Did we...or anyone in the discographic world...ever establish what
happened to the half-vast stock of back issues (or did LK just run
off copies as needed--which leads to the question of howcum he
didn't do that for the first 70-odd issues...?!)

Steven C. Barr
(Has ARSC...or anybody...ever considered making all [insofar as
possible] discographic publications, both periodicals and books/
pamphlets/usw., web-available...?!)