Re: [ARSCLIST] Anybody familiar with any of these publications?

The first commercial Scots Gaelic shellac discs I came across date from
1899-1909 period made by firstly Jessie Maclachlan in Sep.1899 recorded
Glasgow by Fred Gaisberg and after 1909 on Blue Rena Columbia discs by
Roderick Macleod,1896 Mod Gold Medalist.His dates are roughly 1848-1933.
Bill Dean -Myers has comiled an 1888-1960 Scots 78 catalogue from recent
research.
I am not sure apart from the non-commercial Kennedy -Fraser Gaelic discs
c.1905 which are i Edinburgh at the Scottish School of Studies,Edinburgh
University,I think,does anyone know of other Gaelic recordings made of Scots
singers 1900-1908  ? 2 possibilities are Margrat Duncan and John
S.Mackenzie.Duncan is listed as having first  recorded around 1909 and both
singers made recordings in the 1920's when  older.
Rena Columbia ,according to the owner of the 78 Exchange ,Stockport,issued
shellac discs  between 1909-15.The Macleod discs are  baked and warped
looking, with easily  scuffled grooves and faint sound,needing a heavy
needle.I have a few of them amongst my collection of 145 Gaeli 78's.I am
wondering if Gaelic 78's are one of the the last major cd transfer projects
still to be done ? I am excluding the world of classical music .There are
some major  conductors  of the 20's whose cd discographies are rather
threadbare.

Nigel Barrett in Bangkok