Re: [ARSCLIST] Anybody familiar with any of these publications?

"Steven C. Barr(x)" wrote:
> Another publication of which you may not be aware is "Discographer."

I think Tim is probably aware of it.  He only listed publications that he lacked
start and/or end dates for.

> > The Gunn Report was actually an auction list (with a few articles added).

I think this would probably take in many other publications including "Record
Research."  This doesn't make the importance of the articles any less, just as the
inclusion of nude photos does not reduce the importance of articles in "Playboy".
Come to think of it, the inclusion of nude photos in "Hot Wacks" and "Weird and
Strange Music" didn't make the info in  these publications any less important
either.  I would suppose that Tim is planning on mentioning the auction list aspect
of the publications in the annotations.  I wonder if he likewise is planning on
mentioning the nudity in things like "Hot Wacks."

(For the non-rock people here, Hot Wacks was an excellent series of books and
journals indexing and annotating bootleg LPs and CDs.)

Mike (I only read playboy for the annual jazz poll) Biel  mbiel@xxxxxxx