Re: [ARSCLIST] Same thing both sides

Some time ago I mentioned that I have a 45 London (USA pressing) of Frank Chacksfield's Ebb Tide
recorded backwards.? Don Chichesterr

TSUNAMI!!!!! Remember what the first line is of the vocal version of the song: "First the tide rushes in . . ." Remember what happens in a tsunami, the tide rushes OUT !!! YIKES!!!!!

Napoleon XV? Steve Smolian

Actually it was Napoleon XIV. That was a great stunt because even the label was printed in mirror image, including the WB logo. The first time I heard that record they played the backwards side first. I was working during the summer at a large rack jobbber, and the Warners distributor called my boss that morning telling him to order something like 50,000 of this record -- sight unseen. They arrived and of course they had to play it to find out what all the fuss was about. ALL the copies we ordered and shipped that afternoon sold because we did a re-order a couple of days later. I bet we shipped over a 100.000 copies from our shop alone.

Mike Biel mbiel@xxxxxxx