Re: [ARSCLIST] Same thing both sides

Napoleon XV?

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: <dnjchi@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Same thing both sides

Some time ago I mentioned that I have a 45 London (USA pressing) of Frank Chacksfield's Ebb Tide recorded backwards.? Factory technician probably forgot to rewind the full-track tape before cutting a master.

Don Chichesterr

-----Original Message----- From: Roger and Allison Kulp <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx> To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 1:16 pm Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Same thing both sides

A couple,but I can top that.I have a copy of "Musicmagic",by Return to Forever.On side 2,is pressed side 1 of "Band On The Run".I also have an unintentional 1967 split 45,by Cliff Richard Our Story Book",and The Supremes "Reflections".

Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Anyone ever run across a record
that has accidentally been pressed with the
same thing on each side? Not a promo, jukebox record, theatre use disc or the
like. I just picked up Capitol P 18002, Beethoven's 3rd Piano Concerto played
by Ventislav Yankoff, and wondered why the first movement (side 1) took up two
bands. Well, gang..each side has the second and third movement! Not from the
same stamper either..side 1 is P1-18002-D5 and side 2 is P2-18002-D2.

I have a Stokowski album where this occurred as well (United Artists..both
sides play Schelomo in the mono version. Which as far as I'm concerned is twice
too often, but that's my problem.)

dl