Re: [ARSCLIST] Is there a good history of EMI out there ?

On 13/11/07, Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:

> [...]
The idea is not that you take each oral history as Gospel but that you
can put them together to get a kind of stereoscopic view of events.

Events leave tracks in the minds of those who were there, like dinosaur
footprints in mud. You still have to measure and interpret the tracks.

This is why it is important to preserve the actual sound recording of an
oral history, with all its pauses, ums and errs, and not just a text
transcript.

Regards
--
Don Cox