Re: [ARSCLIST] Is there a good history of EMI out there ?

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
I am looking for a good,detailed book on the history of EMI,particularly before 1950. I would like to read in as much detail as I can about the 1931 HMV-Columbia merger.I believe there was at least one very detailed book about this,published in the 1970s.Can anybody fill me in as to the details?

"Good" and "detailed" are matters of opinion and purpose. The obvious starting point is
Since Recorded Music Began - EMI - The First Hundred Years
by Peter Martland
Publisher: Batsford (mine is from Amadeus Press)
ISBN 1-57467-033-6

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx