Re: [ARSCLIST] Is there a good history of EMI out there ?

I absolutely second Cary's recommendation. I bought this book new ten
years ago, and it's still my main resource for anything EMI. HMV and
Columbia have their own detailed histories up to the 1931 merger;
from then on it tracks HMV's classical side and Columbia's pop side
through the 80s, then the "hell with it, let's put everything out on
EMI Classics" of the CD era, engendered mostly because of trademark
restrictions on the His Master's Voice image, which is still an EMI
trademark in England and possibly Canada, but has pretty much fallen
into public domain in the United States. (The only active trademark
registration for the dog-and-trumpet device is owned by RCA
France/Thomson, and pertains only to radio-phonograph combination
sets. All trademarks for recordings and sound media have expired.)