Re: [ARSCLIST] Revox A77

I prefer the B77 to the A77  Have used one for years.   BUT do you know a reliable service engineer who knows his way around the Revox - you will eventuallyy need one.

  Russ
Punto <punto@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Can anyone give a rough guesstimate on what a Revox A77 in (supposedly)
perfect condition might be worth on the market? I know that it is worth
whatever one is willing to pay for it, but I could use at least some
guidance based on what someone may have laid out for one in the past few
years. A quick search seems to confirm that this model can be taken
seriously enough for my personal purposes, but I need to know if I ought
to make an offer in the low hundreds or think bigger. I can probably
afford whatever is asked, but I'd rather not spend foolishly.

I am looking for a fairly decent deck and found out about one of these
that is for sale locally. I would like to be able to either make a
reasonable offer (on the low side) or know if the seller is setting the
bar unreasonably high before I make contact with the guy with the deck.
I'm totally a babe in the woods in this area, so any sort of crash
course information on evaluating used Revox decks would be most appreciated.

Thanks all,

Peter Hirsch