Re: [ARSCLIST] the origin of scratchin'

-----Original Message-----
>From James L Wolf: "...Grandwizard Theodore and Cool Herc are definitely
among the originators of scratching and other aspects of DJing/turntablism.
But I'm pretty sure there were other DJs in the early to mid-70s who
participated in the Bronx dance and party scene that gave birth to hip-hop
as we know it now..."

A fascinating tidbit I learned from one of the Dictators is that New York
punk rock was a product of the very same crowd. It all traces to one
community arts center where everybody rehearsed and hung out together.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com