To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] New Universal Japan reissue LP's

At Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:52:39 +0900,
MATSUBAYASHI 'Shaolin' Kohji wrote:

As far as I know, these AUNJ-prefix releases are equivalent ones as UIJY-prefix releases for domestic market in Japan:

http://www.universalmusicworld.jp/LP/

This Japanese website does not contain much information about the source,
but I have heard (or read on the web) that these LPs are from DSD masters,
cuttings by Kazumi Tezuka (at Toyo Kasei cutting studio).

One more note - I found there is a small article about these LP reissues (unfortunately for most of the participants here, all written in Japanese though). Anyway you can see the photos of cutting equipment at Toyo Kasei studio, as well as Tezuka-san, the cutting engineer:

http://music.jp.msn.com/special/meiban/01.htm

Another article (also in Japanese) also has several photos
of Toyo Kasei cutting studio as well as Tezuka-san:

http://career.aol.co.jp/tatsujin/10toyokasei.html

Kohji