Re: [ARSCLIST] [was ARSCLIST] When you die...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Possible...however, the DMCA (and subsequent revisions) wound up making
EVERY sound recording fixed in the US of A inaccessible to those who
would reissue same (until (currently, anyway) January 1, 2067...!

Note, also, that 99% or so of those countries use the traditional
(in the British Commonwealth and many other "foreign" lands...?!)
term of 50 years for sound recordings.

In turn, many recording-industry groups (see under RIAA, CRIA, usw.)
in other lands look enviously at the 175-year-plus copyright term
defined by the DMCA...?!

The WORST feature of this is the fact that it has effectively
blocked many possible reissues of acoustic-era 78rpm phonorecords...?!