[ARSCLIST] For sale, some good machines and obscure formats ...

Sorry in advance for cross-posts.

Anyone with serious interest (ie money to spend), please ping me off-list.

For sale, all being sold for a friend, and not for fire-sale prices.

1. Sony Beta SLO-383 professional Betamax deck. If you have old Betamax digital tapes, this might be what you're looking for. Includes VU meters for the analog audio tracks. Includes Sony "naugahide" cover." If you want to send along a Beta tape to test and make sure it works before we make a deal, sure absolutely. I don't have any Beta tapes to test it.

2. Studer A-80 1" layback deck for video post-production. As this is, it's probably of no use. But it's a Studer A-80 with three electronics (2 full Studer channels plus a time-code resolver channel), 1" guides (needs a new capstan rubber) and a 1" headblock with video layback heads (1" height but tracks only where they are on 1" videotape). So this would serve as the basis of a 1" 6-channel deck for 5.1 masters, or you can convert it to 1/4" or 1/2". Includes a custom plexiglass cover which protects the transport and also cuts the already low machine noise. The transport works but I didn't want to run tape since the rubber pinchroller is soft and sticky. In case you're thinking about it, please research what layback deck did and make sure this is appropriate for what you need. As is, it's probably of no use to anyone but it's the basis for a heck of a mastering or transfer deck.

3. one MagnaTech Resolver. This unit is most useful today as a varispeed system for a deck with an AC capstan motor. Just put the resolver between the transport control and the AC 120V motor and the resolver will vary capstan speed, not sure what percentage each way. Also resolves an AC capstan to various pilot tones for film production. These things are built like tanks and this one works just fine.

OK, once again, serious inquiries only please. Ping off-list.

-- Tom Fine