From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Andy Kolovos
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 8:20 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Balancing Amps?

Folks,

After a long (and hopefully not foolhardy) struggle our new studio/lab
space is nearing completion.  Now that I'm finally ready to get down to
setting up my junk and starting work again, I need some advice from my
fellow ARSC Members.

In addition to putting in a new space, we've also made several big
technical upgrades around here, and one of the major ones was our jump
from a DAL CardDeluxe to an Apogee Rosetta 800.  This stated, I'm in the
market for a balancing amp to connect my Dragons to the Apogee.  I've
looked at some, been directed to some and now I want to see what people
in our field are actually using.  Can anyone share the gear they've been
employing?

The gear I've been investigating is all below.  We need between 4 and 6
channels total, but I don't mind achieving this through the use of
several two channel boxes--nor do I mind spending $125-$200 a channel
for clean pass through.  I also would greatly appreciate opinions on
passive vs active systems for this application.

Thanks in advance!

andy

Aphex 124A
http://www.aphex.com/124A.htm