Re: [ARSCLIST] BWF RF64

on 9/5/07 11:32 AM, John Spencer at js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I can say from the NARAS P&E Wing Deliverables Committee's
> perspective, the next revision of the document will note the progress
> made with multichannel BWF implementation, but it will NOT be a
> recommended archival format.

John,

On thing that I find strange about multichannel BWF files is that Pro Tools
does not follow the Microsoft spec for channel order. So if you extract a PT
multichannel (surround) BWF into Wavelab (which does follow the published
spec) for DVD-A authoring, the channels will be in the wrong order. Has
NARAS been able to address this?

--
Konrad Strauss
Director of Recording Arts, Professor of Music