Re: [ARSCLIST] Taiyo-Yuden out of business??

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I bought 300 of the blue-dye unbranded discs during American Digital's last
> sale (about 6 months ago) and I don't think I've had one bad one out of the
> batch, which is now down to the last 80 or so. And they work fine in real time
> on my HHB burner.

The actual applicable question here isn't how well they work NOW...but, rather,
how well they will work in, say, 2032!

Of course, this assumes two things:

1) That CD's won't have been replaced and rendered obsolete by some more
advanced form of data storage (which may be able to put several hundred
terabytes of data onto an object the size of a p**sant...?!)

2) That human...or, in fact, ANY...life will still exist on this planet
(hadly a given considering fairly recent events...!)...?!

Steven C. Barr
(pardon the language, but that's what we used to call those little-bitty
ants...?!)