Re: [ARSCLIST] Taiyo-Yuden out of business??

On 03/09/07, Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:

> [...]

They will certainly be obsolete for _new_ storage by then, but it would be
surprising if there were no machines available to play them. Equipment
is available for playing cylinders and 78s.

It is likely that the equipment will be priced as professional rather
than at rock-bottom consumer prices, but if you look at the profusion of
turntables for LPs available on Amazon, even this is uncertain.

The long term aim must be for storage and playback with no moving parts,
which implies something using write-once chips, which can be scanned
electronically, without having to move past a playback head.

> 2) That human...or, in fact, ANY...life will still exist on this
> planet (hadly a given considering fairly recent events...!)...?!
>
> Steven C. Barr
> (pardon the language, but that's what we used to call those
> little-bitty ants...?!)
Regards
--
Don Cox