Re: [ARSCLIST] blooper samples?

--- David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> He did that more than once..the famous one I know is when Mary
> pronounced Drew  Pearson "Dreer Pooson". The writers actually
> rewrote the script during the live broadcast...

Benny's show was really the originator of the "break down
the fourth wall" philosophy.  Everyone that's done that
since owe's him a debt of gratitude.  I remember reading that
once Don Wilson botched a sponsor's tag line at the end of
a broadcast, and was for some reason (vacation?) going to
miss the next broadcast.  So the writers devised a story
thread for several weeks that Wilson was in hiding from the
ad agency fearing he'd get fired.  On one episode he even
"phoned in" his opening.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/