[ARSCLIST] Background music & effects library seeking good home

We have an interesting collection of background music and sound effects for which we'd like to find a good home.  It consists of about 200 12 x 12 x 3 galvanized steel vault cans, each containing from two to twenty rolls of 35mm optical or mag track.  The collection was maintained by a nontheatrical film producer as a stock effects and music library and dates from the mid-1930s to the late 1960s. As far as I know, the collection does not contain actuality sound of historical events.  For elevator music fans and those interested in working with the kind of background music that pervaded 1930s-1960s industrial films, this will be a gold mine.

We would like to offer this collection to a repository or facility that can give the collection a good home.  A few remarks:

-- FOB Hollywood.  We would prefer not to ship, if possible

-- This is a heavy collection that takes up considerable space

-- Vinegar syndrome may be a scattered problem but the majority of the collection is not deteriorating

-- We make no warranty as to its rights status or suitability, though we believe a substantial portion of it is out of copyright

-- There will be no charge for the collection, but we would like the recipient to transfer a portion of the music tracks to a currently usable format for our use

-- We reserve the right to choose a recipient based on ability to pick up the material, to make transfers for us, and to provide a longterm home for the collection

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you feel may be interested.

Thanks, and all best,

Rick Prelinger

--

Rick Prelinger