Re: [ARSCLIST] blooper samples?

--- Michael Erard <michael.erard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am going to be interviewed by the NPR radio show
> "On the Media," and
> today the producer surprised me with a request for
> recorded "bloopers"
> of note --
> If anyone has other sound file examples to pass
> along, I'd appreciate
> it. This is a rush request. I apologize for that,
> but the producer just
> asked for illustrations.

Spoken word or music? Commercial recordings?
Broadcasts? I have many from classical music, the
Vienna Philharmonic's trombone player botching his
solo in Bolero, a horrific trumpet solo in Petrouchka,
tenors having VERY bad days in I Puritani and the
Verdi Requiem...and one of the most sustained
mistakes, William F. Buckley playing the solo in the
Bach F minor concerto with the Stamford Chamber
Orchestra.

Most of these treasures can be found on the web.

And, also fairly easily found on the web, is the Cindy
Elizondo traversal of the Chopin Scherzo No.1. It's
not just the playing, but the gestalt of it all.

One of the most recent additions to my hall of shame
is a recent release of the William Schuman Third
Symphony with the Seattle Symphony. At measure 351 all
four trumpets come in a quarter tone sharp...OUCH! No
doubt they needed to do a bit of cut and paste, but
unfortunately the one doing the editing didn't think
that  the pitch of the paste had to match the pitch of
the orchestra.

I can send MP3 files if needed.
Karl