Re: [ARSCLIST] blooper samples?

Bing Crosby's outakes of " Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams" , "Jimmy
Valentine", amoung others, would probably qualify.
They have all been reissued on lp disc.

R. Hodge

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> michael.erard@xxxxxxxxx 8/15/2007 2:35 PM >>>
Mike Richter wrote:
> Would you be good enough to define "blooper" for this assignment?
> Usually, it refers to embarassing text; with that definition, Art
> Likletter's series of "Kids say the darnedest things" (sp?) would
> qualify. Musical errors, such as Richard Crooks cracking a note and
> reacting (on disc) with "G__ damn it!", would be more fitting, though

> of course that's not in commercial distribution. A characteristic
> musical blooper such as a badly cracked note or late entry or singer

> getting lost in the text may require some understanding of what
belongs.

Let's define them as "accidents or actualities in language of a
telling,
embarrassing, or otherwise significant nature." Potential examples:
Eisenhower blathering on. A public figure saying, "we are at war with
Russia, uh, we are not at war with Russia." John Kerry's huge pause
during one of the 2004 debates.

Since this is a show about the media, which is construed as mass media

(newspapers, TV, radio) and new media (blogs, websites, podcasts), the

producer is interested in media-related examples. In general, you can't

go wrong with kids or robots, but in this case the Linkletter stuff
wouldn't qualify.

thanks,
Michael

--