[ARSCLIST] Lone Ranger in the National Recording Registry

I see from the ARSC Newsletter that an episode of the Lone Ranger has been added to the registry - The ep from Dec 17 1937.

The LR recordings began in Jan 1938, according to the log by Terry Salomonson. So I'm asking where this ep came from. It's only a month before the regular recordings began so I would not expect any big differences in format, characters or players. I'm just curious where the recording originated. Is this date a mistake? Did someone check it off the air? If the latter, who, where is this collection now and what else might have been in that same stash?

Joe Salerno