[ARSCLIST] Quarter-track / 4-track tape deck for sale

I am in process of shedding some gear to reduce the pile. Since I don't really need it or use it much anymore, I'm offering for sale my working and refurb'd Teac A3340S simul-sync 4-track quarter-inch tape deck. Between buying this a few years back and replacing the heads with new Teac heads (surprised that you could still get the right heads from Teac a few years ago), I've put about $500 in this deck. That's not the market price, so I offer it for $350. Again, it works, is aligned and has new heads. It has less than 50 hours use on it since the new heads were put in.

There's a similar one for sale on eBay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290143978247
so you can see what it looks like (or buy that one if it's in your neighborhood or you wish to pay more).

Also included is FULL documentation -- both user and service manuals.

If you have a studio and you're going for a "lo-fi" sound that's very popular in techno and other modern music forms, this is perfect. Also perfect if you've rediscovered mono-tonic/mono-phonic synths and want to build polyphonic tracks with that vintage sound. Also great for tape-bounce/delay tricks since the simul-sync can be used in any combination. And to play those rare quad reels you might have. Also, of course, a good deck with durable transport to play your quarter-track tapes (in the standard quarter-track mode, tracks 2 and 4 are switched off). I also found this deck very useful for a "forensic" playback to suss out tapes I got in that weren't clear about track layout or format or speed. Very easy and quick to tell with this deck if you're dealing with quarter-track, 2-track, half-track or full-track tapes.

Speeds are 15 and 7.5IPS. Includes real-deal Teac NAB hubs and a real-deal hard-to-find power cord. I also have a good box to ship it in, so it will arrive in good condition. You pay actual freight only.

Please ping me off-list if you're interested. Again, we're talking about a working deck with full documentation, real-deal Teac NAB hubs and new heads.

-- Tom Fine