Re: [ARSCLIST] Is The Record Shop Dead?

I saw something about that truck stop on the food channel--IIRC. Wasn't it somewhat politically incorrect?

I don't think the RIAA wants any part of those truck drivers. They know places to hide bodies you can't find on a map. Most are good guys, but some are like the grim reaper.

Phillip

Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "phillip holmes" <insuranceman@xxxxxxxxxx>
I didn't say I don't have several ZZ Top albums myself and the George Jones Box Set. Just talking about truck stops. You ain't lived till you had a truck stop chicken fried steak at 3 AM and bought a greatest hits collection at the counter.

I have the ZZ Top discs (or did...LONG story...!); however, I can speak
with some authority on "truck stops!" I went to high school in McLean,
Ill's., site of the (evidently) no-longer-extant Dixie Truckers' Home
from the twenties onward! "The Dixie" was our regular hangout as teens
(and onward...). The original "Dixie" burnt down...IIRC in the sixties...
and was replaced by a larger, newer "Dixie" withing a couple of months.
In fact, my first wife was a waitress as the joint...and I regularly
picked her up at the end of her shift and gave her a ride to her house
(out on a farm...) so I spent many, many hours in that truck stop!

I also used to stop at truck stops when travelling...the food was always
more than ample, affordable and usually quite edible!

And, yes, most of them sold cassettes (and 8-tracks back in that era...),
the legality of whose origins were probably dubious at best. Wonder how/why
RIAA missed that...?!