Re: [ARSCLIST] Is The Record Shop Dead?

EEK! A mouse! Sounds like a (waste of) Government funded study in waiting. I don't like mice though.

Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "phillip holmes" <insuranceman@xxxxxxxxxx>
This reminds me that 100 years ago, people made music in the home. Now, kids are programmed by advertisers while the parents are away making money.

And...thus you have, in one fell swoop, defined the primary difference
between, probably, the first and second halves of the twentieth century
(with the downward trend extending into the XXI Jahrhundert, and the
"decay rate" increasing exponentially...!).

A hundred years ago...or, probably, 85 years ago...folks made their own
music (in the home, or in their local gathering places)...or, VERY rarely,
went to see "famous" performers on local or nearby stages.

However, they also cooked (and to some extent GREW...!) their own food...
usually bought items they couldn't themselves make from either local
merchants are a handful of "mail-order houses"...wrote one another hand-
written letters...provided their own entertainment...and often never
travelled more than a few miles from home! (They didn't need to...!).

Today's "neo-humans" generally leave the "early education" (the passing
of cultural mores and ethos, the native tongue, usw.) to the TV set...
tend toward near-worship of "celebrities"...spend all too much of our
time trying to get a bit of a lead in the Homo Sapiens dominance hierarchy...
and then wonder why the "next generation" is so greedy, violence-prone,
rude, crude and lewd...?!

Hey, just for fun, try raising litters of white-ratlets (or wotever one
calls baby rats...?) constantly exposed to TV sets rather than their mama
and daddy rats...!

On the other hand...now that I think of it...DON'T! Imagine a race of rats
following the "rules" they learned from a steady diet of TV...?!