To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:17 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Cedar - acoustical recordings

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Joe Salerno said:

Interesting.

The reason I ask is that I have a tape of an
acoustical Columbia side by Josef Hofmann. The piano
sounds quite distant from the horn at the beginning
but by the end of the side the sound is much closer.
The pianist plays continuously.

I have wondered how this came to be.

------ that sounds interesting, and the explanation logical. Columbia made
some quite good "distant" recordings. But if moving the piano (or the
recording machine for that matter was used - I have never seen it.

Kind regards,

George

http://www.eset.com